Disney Pixar’s Coco
This Thanksgiving, experience an all new comedy adventure for the generations. The latest trailer for Disney/Pixar’s Coco is here!
Coco is an upcoming American computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Based on an original idea by Lee Unkrich, it is being directed by Unkrich, and co-directed and written by Adrian Molina. The story follows a 12-year-old boy named Miguel who sets off a chain of events relating to a century-old mystery, leading to an extraordinary family reunion.
The concept of the film based on the Mexican holiday of the Day of the Dead. The screenplay was penned by Adrian Molina, and the story by Lee Unkrich. Pixar began developing animation in 2016. Unkrich and some of the film’s crew members also visited Mexico for inspiration. The skeletons in the film were redesigned to be more appealing. Composer Michael Giacchino, who had worked on prior Pixar animated features, will compose the score.
Video Source – Disney•Pixar
Despite his family’s generation-old ban on music, Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel and his dog Dante find themselves in the Land of the Dead. Along the way, they meet charming trickster Hector and together they set off on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history.
- Anthony Gonzalez as Miguel Rivera, a 12-year old aspiring musician
- Gael García Bernal as Hector, a charming trickster in the Land of the Dead who must enlist Miguel’s help to visit the Land of the Living
- Benjamin Bratt as Ernesto de la Cruz, the most famous musician in the history of Mexico and Miguel’s idol
- Renée Victor as Abuelita, Miguel’s grandmother who enforces the ban on music
- Ana Ofelia Murguia as Mamá Coco, Miguel’s great-grandmother
- Edward James Olmos as Chicharrón, a friend of Hector’s who is forgotten in the Land of the Dead
- Jaime Camil as Papá, Miguel’s father
- Sofía Espinosa as Mamá, Miguel’s mother
- Luis Valdez as Tío Berto, Miguel’s uncle
- Lombardo Boyar as a Mariachi Miguel meets in Santa Cecilia Plaza
- Alanna Ubach as Mamá Imelda, Miguel’s great-great grandmother
- Selene Luna as Tía Rosita, Miguel’s aunt
- Alfonso Arau as Papá Julio, Miguel’s great-grandfather
- Herbet Siguenza as Tío Oscar & Tío Felipe, Miguel’s identical twin uncles
- Octavio Solis as the Arrival Agent
- Gabriel Iglesias as the Head Clerk
- Cheech Marin as a Corrections Officer
- Blanca Araceli as an Emcee
- John Ratzenberger
Coco is scheduled for release in the United States and Canada on November 22, 2017, during the Thanksgiving weekend and three weeks after the Day of the Dead celebration, and will be released in UK cinemas on January 19, 2018.
The film is being released in a crowded market. It is preceeded by Thor: Ragnarok, Justice League and another animated film The Star, followed by Star Wars: The Last Jedi three weeks after Thanksgiving. It is one of three Disney properties being released in the November–December corridor. It is the second Pixar offering of the year following Cars 3, making 2017 the second year Pixar is releasing two films after 2015 (with Inside Out and The Good Dinosaur). The film will be accompanied in theaters by Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Olaf’s Frozen Adventure, featuring the characters from Frozen.
Info Source – Wikipedia