HUMBLE BUNDLE ANNOUNCES A HAT IN TIME, A CUTE-AS-HECK 3D PLATFORMER AND GAMECUBE LOVE LETTER
A Hat In Time – Extremely Successful Kickstarter-funded Indie 3D Platformer Features the Charming Adventures of a Little Girl who Stitches Hats for Wicked Powers
Video Source – PlayStation
A Hat in Time will also be available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this fall. Developed by Gears for Breakfast, A Hat in Time is a true homage to the greatest 3D platformers and a love letter to the classic Nintendo GameCube.
In A Hat in Time, you play as the Hat Kid, a tiny space-traveling girl with a lot of heart and a big top hat, as she travels the universe to protect the world from the evil Mustache Girl. Join her as she explores five incredibly diverse and giant open worlds, jumping and fighting her way through baddies, and unlocking sweet new hats with all-new abilities. On her way, she’ll bump into the menacing Mafia of Cooks, the goofy birds of Dead Bird Studio, the spooky shadows of Subcon Forest, and more!
This charming adventure channels the spirit of beloved games such as Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Psychonauts. Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie, is even on board as a composer for A Hat in Time. A Hat in Time also holds the honor of being one of the largest Kickstarter-funded indie 3D platformers, at nearly 1000% of its original Kickstarter goal!
Key Features include:
- Seven Worlds to Discover: Play through massive worlds Mafia Town, Subcon Forest, Battle of the Birds, Alpine Skyline and two free DLC worlds post-launch.
- Exploration is Key: Every nook and cranny contains some type of goody to help you overcome new obstacles.
- Pick on Someone Not Your Own Size: Hat Girl may be small, but she packs a punch! Defeat an eclectic cast of baddies to unlock goodies and fight giant bosses.
- Yay Upgrades: Improve your weapon with new platforming moves and combat ability unlocks.
- Badges: Don’t tell the scouts, but badges actually give you special powers!
- F is for Friends Who Do Stuff Together: A post-release multiplayer update will let you grab a buddy and enjoy the game together in co-op multiplayer — Split-screen and online.
- Put Some Pep in Your Step: Featuring music co-composed by Grant Kirkhope, the composer for Banjo-Kazooie.