Linkin Park Announces Special Public Event
Yesterday on Twitter Linkin Park announced that they are planing a special public event in Los Angeles to honor Chester.
On July 22, 2017 the music world was saddened by the news that Chester Bennington committed suicide. The band is now planning a special event to commemorate the loss of this amazing vocalist.
The Note Reads:
Just wanted to say thank you to all of our friends around the world for the tremendous outpouring of love, which has strengthened our spirit during this incredibly difficult time.
The five of us are all so grateful for all of your support as we heal and build the future of Linkin Park.
We are working on a special public event in Los Angeles to honor Chester’s memory, and look forward to sharing details with you soon.
Peace and Love,
Phoenix and Linkin Park
Frank Zummo’s drum tribute to Linkin Park’s Chester Bennington
Linkin Park was scheduled to for a summer tour co-headlining with Blink 182, though both bands canceled after the news of the tragic event. Linkin Park has not performed since losing their fellow band mate.
Shortly after Chester’s death the band launched a special website for him to sharing memories and with additional resources for those struggling with suicidal thoughts.
If you or someone you know is struggling with mental illness, there is help to be found. Please consider these online resources and talk to your regular doctor about your symptoms:
- MentalHealth.gov – Get Immediate Help
- ImAlive – Online Crisis Network
- International Association For Suicide Prevention – Resources
- The Anxiety And Depression Association Of America
- The National Alliance On Mental Illness
- American Psychiatric Association – Finding Help
- National Institute Of Mental Health
- American Psychological Association – Psychologist locator
— LINKIN PARK (@linkinpark) August 22, 2017
Info Source – altpress.com
- “Bringing Love” Through The Language of Music
- Taryn Southern’s Top 5 Music Videos | Plus Musician Review